In 2018 Cleanaway and Daniels joined forces to offer Australia’s most comprehensive healthcare waste solutions. To reflect our combined presence and expanded services, we’re proud to introduce Cleanaway Daniels – the new name in healthcare services bringing together cutting-edge collector and disposal technology with industry-leading total waste management, recycling and environmental services.
The Cleanaway Daniels difference
Our unrivalled national infrastructure allows us to service healthcare facilities of all sizes. From small surgical centres, dental and veterinary clinics to large laboratories, universities and multi-campus hospitals, our products and services are customised to meet the needs of each facility while optimising environmental outcomes through our innovative clinical waste disposal systems.
This includes the Sharpsmart sharps management system which is safety engineered to eliminate the risk of container-related sharps injury, reduce infection transfer while minimising environmental impact. Since 1999 it is estimated that Sharpsmart containers have saved more than 20,000 Australian healthcare workers from needlestick injuries.
Sharpsmart reusable containers eliminates over 940,000kgs of disposable sharps containers from landfill each year, reducing plastic waste by 2,100 kgs and cardboard waste by 150 kgs for every 100 occupied beds.
Reusable sharps containers are collected and sanitised at our state-of-the-art facilities using Washsmart – a fully automated, robotic system used for decanting, washing, sanitising and drying the containers.
This innovation minimises the need for human intervention in the sanitising process, reducing the risk of disease or injury and achieving a higher sanitisation result than any other container washing method. Washsmart achieves a 6-log bacterial load reduction, which is a 4x higher sanitation than required by the CDC in the United States.
Safe, sustainable waste management solutions
Cleanaway Daniels collects and disposes of all clinical, anatomical, cytotoxic and related waste, including sharps, medicines, human and animal tissue and other types of solid and liquid biomedical waste. We handle all healthcare-related waste streams including:
- Sharps such as scalpels, blades, hypodermic needles, lancets, broken capillary tubes, broken rigid plastic, and culture slides
- Chemotherapy waste such as full IV bags, bottles, tubing, needles and other containers and tubing that contain trace amounts of chemotherapy drugs
- Regulated Medical Waste (RWM) – all waste contaminated with blood, body fluids, potentially infectious materials
We clean, sterilise and dispose of every waste product according to Australian EPA standards for safety and compliance through our regulated treatment and disposal technologies including:
- Autoclaves – a highly pressurised machine that sterilises and kills microbial flora and fauna through moisture and heat
- Incinerators – automated processing method for the treatment of pharmaceutical and cytotoxic waste to destroy pathogens and toxins
- Cleanaway Daniels Medismart – a high speed hammermill that uses hammers and cutters to crush, grind, chip or shred solid waste
As a total waste management services provider, Cleanaway Daniels offers a complete range of ancillary waste collection and recycling services with multiple bin sizes, pickup and treatment options that focus on maximising resource recovery. These include:
- General waste
- Commingled recycling
- Cardboard and paper recycling
- Organic food waste recycling
- E-waste recycling including batteries, fluorescent tubes, printer and toner cartridges
- Biosecurity waste and secure produce destruction
- PVC recycling
Contact us to learn more about how we are making a safe and sustainable future possible for the healthcare sector.