Laparoscopic surgical waste solutions
Laparoscopic waste comes in two different categories:
- Short stock, including antibiotic vials, lancets, scalpel blades, needles, syringes, glass ampoules and pathology slides
- Long stock, including keyhole surgical instruments, ultrasonic scalpels, laparoscopic instruments and arthroscopic wands
Incorrect disposal of laparoscopic waste can cause injury. This happens when sharps needle, suture needle, scalpel or other disposable surgical instruments penetrate or scratch the skin. Factors that contribute to such injuries include overfilled collectors, incorrectly sealed collectors or sharps penetrating the collectors.
The Laparosmart and Sharpsmart systems are the premium solution for surgical instrument disposal in a theatre environment. The Laparosmart’s wider aperture and taller vertical drop create a compatible solution for longer, bulkier instruments and volumetric sharps waste while the Sharpsmart system eliminates sharps injury risk, reduces infection transfer and minimises environmental impact.
- Australian Standards approved. All disposable laparoscopic instruments used in direct contact with a patient should be disposed of in an Australian Standards compliant sharps container
- Safety-engineered design of our collectors protects medical staff, environmental service personnel and transporters of waste
- Reduction in sharps collector turnover for clinical staff
- Reduction in the cost per litre of surgical instrument disposal
- Reduction in the number of collectors and 14% reduction in the collector volume handled by environmental staff
- Reduction in the sharps collector volume occupying dock space
To prevent sharps injury risk, it is recommended that all smaller needles, scalpels and finer syringes be deposited into an S22 Sharpsmart collector. Designed with a maximum sensitivity counterbalanced safety tray which deposits sharps away from the user, and a gravity based mechanism which effectively conceals the aperture of the collector to prevent hand access, the S22 completes the circle of sharps safety.
The dual L64 + S22 compatibility of our Accessmart trolley provides the ultimate point-of-use instruments/sharps segregation solution for surgical environments.
Peerless safety from disposal to transport and treatment
Our Laparosmart laparoscopic waste disposal system has been designed to ensure no waste is bagged or decanted. This in turn eliminates risk during handling and transfer of all single use surgical instruments.
Why choose Cleanaway
More solutions for Health and Biohazardous Waste
Contact us directly on 13 13 39 or fill up one of these short forms. We will get back to you as soon as possible with your request or booking.
We are in every major city and region in Australia. Chances are you will find us not too far away from where you are. We’re in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth, as well as Karratha, Rockhampton, Newcastle, Geelong, Port Augusta, Albury, and more.