Cutting-edge cytotoxic waste management solutions
Cytotoxic or chemotherapy waste is defined as waste containing substances with genotoxic properties such as cytotoxic drugs used in cancer treatment. Improper management and disposal of this hazardous waste may cause large-scale health risks including harmful toxic exposure to cytotoxic carcinogens. Cytotoxic waste includes any items that have been contaminated with cytotoxic material. Typically this waste includes drug administration equipment (e.g. swabs, IV drip sets) as well as personal protective equipment such as gowns and gloves.
Cytotoxic waste should be effectively segregated at the source to:
- Reduce risk of infection to patients and healthcare workers
- Prevent it from contaminating other waste streams
- Ensure full compliance in accordance with local regulations
- Prevent illegal reuse
- Reduce the cost of treatment and disposal by eliminating waste to the general bin
- Divert hazardous waste from landfill
CY64 point-of-use cytotoxic disposal system
The CY64 presents a revolutionary new way of isolating and securing trace cytotoxic waste in an oncology setting. With accessories designed to minimise odour expulsion and enable point-of-use accessibility at bedside or in an infusion environment, the system ensures the safety of staff and patients through the safe disposal of all chemotherapy drug-contaminated items. Catering to varying applications, we also offers a range of single use pails, cytotoxic sharps containers and larger-volume bins.
- Portable for use in patient rooms and infusion bays
- Leak proof body and lid seal securely contain fluids and odours
- Secure safety locks to prevent tampering
Waste resulting from cytotoxic treatment includes:
- Vomit bags
- Dressings and bandages
- Masks and disposable gowns
- Disposable theatre wraps
- Laboratory research waste
- Sharps in sealed disposable containers
- Urine and faeces
Loose sharps, cardboard packaging, recyclables or rubbish, medical packaging, tissues or paper towels and anatomical waste must not be placed in these bins.
Cytotoxic waste disposal journey
Our Clinismart clinical waste disposal system has been formulated to ensure no waste is bagged or decanted. This in turn eliminates risk in waste transfer.
Why choose Cleanaway
More solutions for Health and Biohazardous Waste
Contact us directly on 13 13 39 or fill up one of these short forms. We will get back to you as soon as possible with your request or booking.
We are in every major city and region in Australia. Chances are you will find us not too far away from where you are. We’re in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth, as well as Karratha, Rockhampton, Newcastle, Geelong, Port Augusta, Albury, and more.