Erskine Park Transfer Station
Cleanaway’s waste transfer station in Erskine Park marks another milestone on our Footprint 2025 journey. The facility combines traditional waste transfer with cutting edge sorting facilities to recover more material and optimise landfill diversion.
With a licensed capacity to process 300,000 tonnes per year of mixed and putrescible waste, the facility is located in the key growth areas surrounding the M7 / M4 corridors and is perfectly positioned just minutes from the site of Sydney’s second airport at Badgery’s Creek.
Waste streams and industries
Erskine Park TS accepts commingled and dry commercial and industrial (C&I) waste including:
- General Solid Waste – Putrescible
- General Solid Waste (non putrescible)
- C&I (business/commercial/industrial mixed dry waste)
- C&D – construction and demolition
The Erskine Park Transfer is an advanced facility that has:
- Environment Protection License
- State-of-the-art odour management technology
- Automated traffic control system to minimise turnaround times for vehicles upon entry
- Electronic tagging system (RFID) for frequent customers to minimise waiting times
It is also adjacent to Cleanaway’s operating dry landfill, located to the rear of the waste transfer station.
How we do itThe Erskine Park Transfer Station (TS) will separate recyclable materials from the waste stream to be managed as a commodity, and residual dry waste will be diverted to Cleanaway ResourceCo’s Resource Recovery Facility at Wetherill Park (RRF).
RRF converts the material to Processed Engineered Fuel – a sustainable fuel source that can be used as a substitute for coal. Erskine Park TS is expected to divert up to 40% from landfill.