On July 4, the Government of South Australia announced a 4 year planned increase to the Solid Waste Levy. This will be reflected in changes to waste collection and processing fees.
Minimising the impact
Cleanaway performs a range of specialised activities that improve our capacity to recover, recycle and repurpose your waste, minimising the volume of residual waste to landfill, and subsequently the impact of increases to the Solid Waste Levy.
Some of these activities include:
– Ongoing research and development: including alternative waste technologies and strategies such as organics composting for food waste.
– Community consultation and education: Operating ongoing community consultation and education programs, education centres and facility open days that encourage improved recycling behaviours.
– Undertaking increased environmental monitoring: to minimise and manage odour, dust, noise and litter in and around our facilities, storm and wash water runoff, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from both our fleet and our facilities.
– Creating and implementing Waste Management Treatment Plans: to capture, process and recycle contaminated water and hazardous material at our facilities.
– Remediating our landfill sites: at the end of their useful life, returning our landfill facilities to a standard which meets our environmental obligations – and maintain a 30 year commitment to the ongoing monitoring and management of these facilities.
At Cleanaway, we are committed to making a sustainable future possible.
We will continue to work closely with our clients to maximise resource recovery and recycling efforts, helping you to manage exposure to these increases.
To download the above as a Cleanaway Fact Sheet click here. The PDF download also includes the staged levy increases.
Further information about our approach to sustainability can be found at:
Melissa McColl, Communications and Engagement Manager
M: 0466 323 844 E: Melissa.McColl@Cleanaway.com.au