Last year Cleanaway proudly launched a $50,000 Community Benefit Fund for projects that delivered social and environmental benefits for the Caroline Springs, Deer Park and the surrounding community.
We’ll be calling for funding applications again in March 2020. If you have a great initiative that will make a difference, you can apply for a grant of up to $10,000 to bring that idea to life.
We know that great communities are connected to each other and the environment that they live in. The biggest difference we can make is to empower local communities to take care of their environment, encourage resource recovery and promote sustainability.
Who should apply
Applications for funding are available to not-for-profit and community groups within 5kms from the Melbourne Regional Landfill, including Caroline Springs, Deer Park and surrounding areas.
Projects may include:
- Implementing a practical activity or project that improves the local environment
- Water reduction initiatives
- Training, employment or education schemes
- Tree planting or other type of environmental regeneration program
- Construction of gardens, greenhouses or compost systems to promote waste reduction
- Installation of solar panels at a school or a community building
- Purchasing additional recycling bins in schools or community buildings to increase recycling
- Events or programs that encourage community connectivity, health and well-being.
To be eligible for the grant funding:
- Must be a Friends Group, charitable or not for profit organisation, environmental agency, school or volunteer group located in Caroline Springs, Deer Park or neighbouring area
- Project must align with the assessment criteria and/or provide tangible benefits to the community or the local environment
- Project must be completed within 12 months
- Eligible groups may only apply for one grant per financial year
Applications will not be considered if:
- Project does not align with the funding criteria and/or guidelines provided
- Applications are not completed or submitted using the appropriate paperwork
- Commercial enterprises
How to apply
For enquiries or to obtain an application form please contact:
Olga Ghiri – Stakeholder and Community Engagement Manager
Phone: 0478 316237
- Call for Expressions of Interest –Wed 18 March 2020
- Applications close – 4pm Friday 24 April 2020
- Applications assessed – Fri 22 May 2020
- Successful applicants notified – Fri 29 May 2020 18 March 2020
- Agreements signed – Fri 12 June 2020
- Funds distributed– Tue 30 June 2020
- Funding period expires and grant projects to be completed – 30 June 2021
While there are many worth while initiatives, we’re focusing on areas where we can make the greatest difference while supporting the great work the not-for-profit and community group sectors are doing for sustainability.
Contact us to learn more about how we’re making a sustainable future possible for communities across Australia.